Saturday, May 31, 2008

WELCOME to...

,CA
So here we are, another 4 months in another city. I can't say i like packing up and leaving our nest that is Utah. Experiencing and getting to know another city for a few months makes it all worth while. Last year we were in Portland, Bakersfield is probably the exact opposite of P-town. Its dry, hot, and the only trees, are these stem looking things with a few leaves on the top. They call them palm trees, and they leave something to be desired in the shade department. I like it here though. Our ward is very nice, we go to the family ward with two other couples and when 6 new members showed up we were the talk of the tabernacle. We felt very welcome. I am looking forward to the end of August when we come home, because no place really feels like home like Utah feels like home.


A view from our patio.






6 comments:

melanie said...

I must say you are terribly missed, even though I have seen you both times you have come home. Really looking forward to coming out and seeing you though..

Rick...the meek and mild said...

Bakersfield was in my mission oh so many years ago, but never one of my areas. You'll soon be walking in spots I walked in woo hooo...

Angela said...

You need to come to San Jose! I have heard Bakersfield isn't that beautiful. San Jose is exact opposite...pretty cool weather (75 usually), green (mostly), and has trees! It is a large city so it is busy busy busy sometimes!
We do need to get together before you go back to Utah.

The Betitas said...

yeah and we will be in san francisco after about july 12th! so maybe we can have an emily, ang and summer reunion?

Anonymous said...

So you are doing summer sales? no pun intended... security? pest control? satellite? living scriptures? Are you selling both selling? Am I totally off track? Hope all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Jimmy and I are going to school. Savannah is going to be one here in about month. We also have started doing a financial service business and it is going great! Jimmy and I sold for a summer right after we got married. We did pest control in Sacramento. Do you have a job or get to party all summer? Hope all goes well!